Most websites have a relatively specific target audience and requires a level of customized content. Content should contain key words that are connected to your products and/or services, and which subsequently will improve your company's search engine results.
Websites contain both informational and endorsement content. It's important to understand the differences between informational content and content designed to boost sales. Regardless of intent behind particular content development, content should be geared toward helping to educate the reader on your services or products or your overall mission.
Ecentech can help you to:
- Analyze and clarify particular content.
- Improve your voice; convey information in a more active rather than passive voice.
- Check for relative keywords or generate new keywords, building content around those relative keywords.
- Create or copy edit to inform the reader, and to promote or sell the company, product, or service described in the website.
- Produce enticing content which engages visitors.
- Produce smart content focused on search engine optimization (SEO).
- Create unique, useful, and compelling content on a topic primarily for the readers and not just for the search engines.
- Write aiming content for relevance and search-ability:
Relevance means that your content is written specifically for your audience. This entails defining your core audience. But having said that, you can also add content that appeals to subjects who are not your core audience. This just takes thinking through who you are trying to reach, in general, and specifically. A simple and broad example is gender (men or women).
Search-ability indicates keywords we use to help search engines direct users to websites that meet the keyword criteria. This is a bit of work, and some trial and error, but it's worth the time to invest in getting this right! You need analytics software tools in order to flush out what's working, and what's not working.
Website content writing is frequently outsourced; for larger or more complex projects, a specialized copywriting expert. Ecentech provides copywriting services with a range of editorial and associated services, which could include:
- brand positioning
- message consulting
- social media
- SEO consulting
- developmental and copy editing
- fact checking
- content syndication
Outsourcing such services, in collaboration, allows you to focus on core competencies for your business, and to benefit from the specialized knowledge of professional copywriters and editors.
Online Writers vs. Print Writers
Writing online is very different from composing and constructing content for printed materials. Web users tend to scan text instead of reading it closely, skipping what they perceive to be unnecessary information and hunting for what they regard as most relevant. It is estimated that seventy-nine percent of users scan web content. It is also reported that it takes twenty-five percent more time to scan content online compared to print content. Web content writers must have the skills to insert paragraphs and headlines containing keywords for search engine optimization, as well as to make sure their composition is clear, so that they will be able to reach their target market.